Nowadays, you have all sorts of technologies that allow you to keep your car from being stolen – from GPS trackers to steering wheel locks, there are all sorts of anti-theft car devices you can use to protect your vehicle. But sometimes, if you want to make sure your car is safe, you need to take some extra measurements and think outside the box.
It’s always helpful to be aware of the circumstances in which car theft usually occurs. According to police statistics, places like crossroads near ATMs, public parking lots, and gas stations are the three locations where your car is more likely to be taken by someone.
So here are some recommendations before we turn to the unconventional methods you can use when trying to figure out how to keep thieves away from your car.
- Before getting inside your car, inspect the interior and look underneath it.
- Do not stop to help strangers if you are alone.
- Trust your instincts
- If you need to travel after dark, avoid doing it by yourself
- Avoid parking in poorly illuminated areas
- Turn off your engine whenever you get out of your car.
- Don’t leave your car keys in front of your door.
Now, how to reduce the risk of car theft?
CLICK ON THE NEXT PAGE ASAP!